Monday 7 March 2011

Home Grown Kindness

I thought I would share with you a little story of kindness from my own life :o)

Once upon a time, there was a fancy smancy fundraiser which cost a bucket just to get in - but thanks to an unexpected turn of events - my parents were able to go along for free.  So they traveled to the land of auctions, consisting of both the silent and raucous kinds. One of the extravagant items under the hammer was a whole pig to be delivered dead and dressed and ready for your fancy BBQ. 

So Dad went to the auctioneer and asked if the pig was still alive and he was told "yes", so Dad outbid everyone in the room (and these are scary rich people) in order to save piggy's life :D :D :D 

So my Dad's amazingness started a chain reaction of kindness and Mum went to work saving a lamb that some fancy man wanted because he had already paid for a famous chef to come and give a dinner party for 6 at his house and he wanted roast lamb. However my Mum said bugger that and bid against him but she lost to someone else, which is fine because they chose to save the little lamb's life as well! And then someone else did the same for the calf! So ALL the animals were saved and we had a new piggy which we named Black Betty. 

When my parent's went to the pig breeder to pick up Black Betty they noticed another little pig with her and decided they couldn't leave this tiny one behind. So it's my pleasure to introduce you to... Betty & Belle:

Black Betty showing little Belle around the property :D

Black Betty makes a 'house call'

Black Betty
My friend Gemma and I give the girls are well deserved belly-rub :D

I'd love to hear YOUR tales of kindness...please do leave a comment and share your story :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment